We’ve Moved!

Brooks, Harmon & Johnston, LLC has relocated its offices to one of the county’s oldest commercial buildings, the former Security Bank Building at 1030 Noble Street, in the heart of downtown Anniston.

The beautiful Victorian building was listed on the National Registry of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior in 1985. The registry describes it as displaying “highly ornamental details in one of the most elaborate decorative parapets from the [1880-1890] period remaining in Anniston.”

Built in 1890, the Security Bank Building is a three-story brick Victorian Commercial structure on the southwest corner of Noble and 11th Streets. It is conveniently located 1/2 block from the Calhoun County Courthouse.

The bank was one of the first financial institutions in the city and is also closely related to one of the major real estate development companies, the Southwestern Land Company, that contributed to the city’s growth in the late 1880s and early 1890s.

Through the years, the building has housed various retail businesses and professional offices; the first floor where Brooks, Harmon & Johnston, LLC is now located was most recently occupied by Potts Marketing Group.

In 1986, attorney Harry P. Long purchased and renovated the building, restoring much of the structure to its earlier glory and transforming it to one of Anniston’s most beautiful architectural specimens. Long’s and other attorneys’ offices occupy the second floor.